Sunday 4 April 2010

Back to England & Scene.org awards

My 10-day long holidays in Greece have finished and me and my family returned home. It was fun while it lasted, even the weather was good enough for long visits to the beach. I always try to get some inspiration from the sea (its colors, living organisms and general ambience of the deep) and this time it was no exception.

On Saturday night we all sat to watch the scene.org awards on the live stream. I thought we were going to win a couple of awards (after all we did have 8 nominations, so, statistically speaking, it would be very bad luck to not get anything). Eventually we got 3! - my family was celebrating, I was more reserved with emotion. Congratulations to all winners!

It feels good to get an award - it is a recognition of your effort. For me it is one of the driving forces for making better demos and hopefully we'll be nominated next year too.

In case you missed, here are the videos I made with the help of Stella, my daughter:

video1
video2

Stella will be 3 years old in just a few days. She was born on the 9th of April 2007, when a demo that was going to affect me in more ways than any other demo had ever done was released: debris, at Breakpoint 2007 !

No comments:

Post a Comment